Recommended Book List
Several books have informed my views on localist economics but below are the ones I consider the most influential. I’m always looking for new book suggestions, so please share recommendations in the comments below.
- Pattern Language by Christopher Alexander, Sara Ishikawa, and Murray Silverstein
- What Matters? by Wendell Berry
- Laudato Si: On Care For Our Common Home by Pope Francis
- Cities and the Wealth of Nations by Jane Jacobs
- The Death and Life of Great American Cities by Jane Jacobs
- Easy Essays by Peter Maurin
- Big Box Swindle by Stacy Mitchell
- Personalism by Emmanuel Mounier
- Fighting Traffic by Peter D. Norton
- The Great Good Place by Ray Oldenburg
- The Wealth of Nations by Adam Smith
Organizations & Websites
These are folks smarter than myself doing great work in the areas related to developing great local economies.